Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Sharks finish road trip with 3 wins, 2 losses

Been a bit busy lately, so haven't posted anything. I did watch all the games during the road trip. The two losses came when the Sharks played with less-than-inspired play; the last two wins came when they decided to play with some grit and take it to the other team. The game tonight in Florida was a prime example. Only Toskala's play kept the Panther's from scoring, while the anemic offense couldn't figure out how to get the puck into the other zone. Florida figured out the goalie first, but finally, after a fight to spark things up and a just-off-the-power-play goal by Jumbo Joe, you could see the life in the Shark team. Man, I was sweating as the minutes ticked down in the 3rd: I didn't want it to go into OT. Thank the hockey gods for the crazy shot by Erhoff that ended up being the winning goal. The Sharks needed to win a dirty won, and the come-from-behind win on the last leg of the long road trip should be a good wake-up call.

It was cool seeing Ron Wilson on the headset talking to the studio in the 2nd period - they were amazed he did that, but seeing his coolness as the team began play was, well, cool. Just my take on things. I will endeavor to keep up a bit better, but seeing as I have to move my Mom down from SJ to Riverside over the next few weeks, please bear with me if I'm tardy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home