Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wings down the Sharks

I've got to hand it to Detroit - they outplayed the Sharks during their 2-1 win Wed night. I thought the Shark's were lucky to be up 1-0 when the 1st period ended, the way Detroit was out-shooting them. Nabokov was the only reason the game stayed so close. I left to go to the Duck's game and by the time it started, found out the Shark's had lost. Thanks to DVR I was able to view the game afterwards. Detroit out-hussled and out-played the Sharks, though San Jose was finally able to get some quality scoring chances in the late 3rd period. Detroit played their game plan, while San Jose did not. We can only take so many wake-up calls. I thought Nabby played much better than Saturday, he just didn't have help...the puck was kept in the San Jose zone far too long. Tonight will hopefully be better.

The Duck's game was similar in terms of scoring chances - Edmonton outshot the Ducks (what, 31 to 20), but unlike the San Jose game, they managed to get them by Roloson. It was a fun game to watch, but I had mixed emotions knowing that Anaheim was going to pass the Sharks up in the standings. But, it's still early and I'm sure there will be plenty more changes in the standings throughout the year.

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

Jeez, I'm a horrible Ducks blogger. You've been to more Duck games than I have (opening night only).

However, the other two games I'm going to be hitting (for sure) are Nov. 21 vs. San Jose and Apr. 4 vs. San Jose.

At least I got those priorities straight.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Bartcal said...

Well, it helps to have a friend with season tickets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home