Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sharks douse the Flames

SJ 4 - Cal 1

I was hoping to see Toskala get a shutout, but alas it wasn't to be tonight. So close. But I guess Calgary had to finally get a powerplay goal after 10 previous tries (and that was just tonight - they were like 0-23 or worse before they finally got that goal). SJ penalty killing looked good, even if some of those calls against were a bit, soft. In my opinion anyway. Glad to see the #2 line get some good scores - I know Cheechoo will get his soon. He's been looking good out there anyway, grabbing pucks and working the boards. Plus the attention paid to him opens up another player. He'll get going soon, hopefully Thursday against Edmonton.

I had to tape the game since I was at the Ducks game. Nice win, 2-0 over St. Louis. Giguere got a nice shutout. The chant "We want McGough" was pretty funny, especially since the fans ridicule him every chance they get. Oh well, so be it. It was fun to be at the game - my first of the regular season for any team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home