Sunday, October 08, 2006

Nice going Nabby

Thank goodness for DVR on the cable box. A late night at school led to my sleeping through the first two periods of the game against the Islanders. A much better defensive game tonight than opening night. The team did a good job keeping the Isles from scoring, especially on all the power plays. Vlasic is looking very poised out there for a rookie. I liked the good, physical play by the Sharks tonight too. Seeing Brendan Whitt out there again reminded me how annoying he can be.
I was thrilled to see Nabby get the shutout. I like Tosk a lot too, but Nabokov is one of my favorite players. He was moving well and seeing the ice well. Good athletic play combined with the defense led to this shutout. Hopefully, we'll only see more this year.
I can see how the attention to the Bell-Thornton-Cheechoo line is opening up the opportunities for the Michalek-Marleau-Bernier line; I think as they get/stay hot, more attention will be paid to them, opening up the other line again. What a nice trade off through the season as teams have to decide which line to try and mark.
Finally, I wasn't sure how McSorely would do in the booth for us, but he seemed much more comfortable tonight...not too surprising. His ancedotes and stories add some nice touches. Randy and Marty should be fun to listen too, though I'm still going to miss Drew.
Enough for now.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home