Saturday, October 21, 2006

Sharks (b)eat the Red Wings

At least the Shark's won. Of course, with 16 power-play opportunities, they better have won. I missed seeing the first two goals, thanks to a delayed flight from So Cal. My 4:45 flight out of Ontario didn't leave until 5:30 p.m. By the time I got my luggage and the shuttle to the rental car place, it was already 7:15 p.m. Add in the clueless customers at the rental car desk, and let's just say, I missed the first 10 minutes of the 1st period. At least one of the reps could relate though (and provide directions so I could find the Shark Tank) as she was supposed to be at the game too, but was forced to work a double shift. I'm not used to getting to the Shark Tank from the airport, so I tend to lose my bearings. Luckily, I could hear the game on the radio so I heard about the first score. I was standing on the steps waiting for a break in play when the second goal scored.

The game looked much like the one in Detroit the night before. Sleek, I don't know if the officiating was any better (or worse), but I'm thinking there had to be something to Detroit's inability to skate through the neutral zone without taking a penalty. I was going to see if the officiating crew followed me up here to San Jose, but just didn't get around to it. We'll see what happens next week in Detroit.

I had a great time at the game, as did my 3-year old cousin. He watched the game, but was really a bit more intersted in the whereabouts of SJ Sharkie. Since he also ice skates, I'm hoping he'll remember his hockey-fan cousin if he ever decides to play hockey. (Hey, let me dream, ok?).

Next up, the Wild. I must say, I appreciate the fact that Anaheim has had the opportunity to beat up both these opponents before they make it up here to the Tank. Oh well, until later.


1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Earl Sleek said...

It was the same refereeing crew--Brad Meier and Dan O'Rourke.

I didn't see the SJ game, but if I were an NHL coach, I'd be very wary when this crew comes to town, based on the boxscores.

These guys insist on being the first stars of every game, it seems. 17 combined PPs in Anaheim and 19 combined PPs in San Jose.

Detroit got the short end of the stick each time, though. They were shorthanded 23 times in two days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home