Tuesday, October 03, 2006

SJ 5 - CAL 1

I was hoping for the shutout, but I'll take the "W." My first home game of the season. Well, I did drive up to Fresno too, but that was a little different. Too bad it was preseason, but I'll be back for the Detroit game. It was good to see the Shark's penalty-kill get a good workout. I was impressed when they kept Calgary from getting over the blue-line for over a minute. I was equally impressed by Vlasic's play - he looked pretty darn good and kept up his end of the game.

Good physical game too, with Bernier taking the "W" in the fight column too. What a reaction in the crowd when the Calgary helmet went flying up after the uppercut. The take-down afterward was nice too!

Hopefully this energy will carry over into the regular season and there won't be a drop-off like last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home