Wednesday, October 08, 2008

And the season begins

So, while we wait for the roster to become finalized and the puck to be dropped, some random thoughts on the upcoming season:

I've only seen the Sharks in one pre-season game, but I liked the tempo. I'm hoping to see the improvement a few weeks together in the new system has brought about. (If none is seen, I'm going to be very depressed). Watching the puck move quickly up the ice and seeing bodies planted in front of the goalie made me very happy. I hope it sticks.

Where will Kyle end up? I like the guy and appreciate the time he spent in SJ. It's too bad his knee(s) are so wonky and limit his time. I hope he ends up with a club that will let him play.

How will the new lines work out? Will they stay? After years of the Ron Wilson revolving lines, I'm not sure what I'll do if I'm able to actually recognize lines that stay together throughout a game. (I'm not knocking Wilson's habits there, it's just his philosophy, game plan, what have you). I hope the Michalek - Pavelski - Cheechoo line really is developing some chemistry as I know that has been questioned in the past. If they do, watch out, cause that'll bring two big lines capable of throwing pucks in the net. Also, who ends up on the first line RW? Setoguchi made his case, but we'll see if he can keep up the work ethic he needs.

Wow, only 33 more hours 'til the game. (Sigh)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home